Mother's Day 2013
Love...
Flowers...
And smiley face blueberry pancakes...
What more could a mom ask for : )
Frank made it a special day as we celebrated being parents of two...
13 Weeks
Sometimes I forget that I'm even pregnant because I have been blessed with another easy pregnancy and Benjamin keeps me very busy : )
The week before our family beach vacation Benjamin woke up with pink eye and a double ear infection. Poor baby. He was a trooper and still played hard (with a few extra snuggles). After a few days on the antibiotics he was ready to go.
We flew from Memphis to Atlanta to Jacksonville, NC
Benjamin gets a "B+" for traveling on the airplane. No major meltdowns or screaming but need for constant snacks and entertainment. Not too bad for a 18 month old.
My favorite moment on the plane.
After finding out that our bag didn't make it on the plane to the beach we headed to the Outer Banks. Delta delivered our luggage to the house the following day just in time to put on our swim suits and go to the pool.
A beautiful site after a long day of traveling.
Hello Ocean
Two things I can always count on at our beach vacation...
Good food and fun games.
Above is my Uncle Ed's 21 layer chocolate cake made from scratch. Yes, it tasted as good as it looks!
Everyone needs a "Crazy Uncle Ed"
We are a game playing family. Marbles is one of our favorites.
Warren Family Rule: Play with your friends but always cut the deck
"Ok momma I'm ready to go!"
Benjamin LOVED the beach...not so much the ocean.
What you can't see in the picture is that he was screaming at the water approaching.
Son and Father footprints
(Or a man with a small left foot and large right foot) LOL.
We went out every day to the beach to play
Benjamin's favorite this year was his bucket and shovel
Drizzle castles
Frank's favorite this year was his shovel too. He dug a large pool so that Benjamin could be in the ocean water minus the scary waves.
Shrimp for lunch
My sister-in-law Brandy is amazing at finding beautiful shells
I found a white shark tooth while walking on the beach. Typically the ones you find are black because they have become a fossil, but this was was fresh from a sharks mouth!
Took a break from the sun and went to the NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores.
Benjamin loved running up to each exhibit and pointing at the sea life
Actual Size
Fun in the gift shop
Dinner out at our favorite restaurant Tony's in Morehead City
Uncle Michael and Aunt Brandy
Being Silly
We enjoyed getting to spend time with my parents, Michael/Brandy, and my grandmother.
Pool Time!
Benjamin throwing the ball into the bucket. He actually has a pretty good arm.
Loving. Every. Minute.
All Tuckered Out and ready for a nap
One morning we went out ocean fishing on my dad's newest addition to his boating family. I caught the first spanish mackerel of the season! I enjoyed the time in the sun and on the water however after awhile it kinda got to me and I lost my cookies (well breakfast) over the side of the boat. Maybe my pregnant self can't handle the waves.
15 Weeks - Baby is the size of an Orange
Playing on the porch
Peak-a-boo
The trip home was a little easier since we had a shorter layover in ATL
It didn't take long to get back into our daily routine
Breakfast
Play Time
Errands
Lunch on the porch
And visits to the Memphis Zoo.
We are very proud of the grizzlies for making it into the NBA finals!
Grit and Grind
Oh you know...just sittin' in a basket
I think Benjamin had more fun playing with the paint bottles then actually finger painting
Final Masterpiece
Benjamin loves hanging out at work with daddy
He is the official "fountain water tester". I believe he has touched every fountain in Water Works.
and at Nana and Pop's House too.
May's house project included fixing a pipe leak from the master bath down to the basement. Our bathtub was out of order for a week so Benjamin took baths in a big bucket.
The fix required taking down the wall in the playroom.
Gotta love plaster walls
There's your problem
Josh helped Frank with the solution
After taking down half the wall Frank kept going and we plan on exposing the rest of the brick on the back of the chimney...because it looks cool : )
Benjamin helped with the clean up from the project just in time for Frank's "Risk Guys Night". With Frank turning 30 at the end of May he felt the need to conquer the world.
I made appetizers and desserts and the guys grilled out.
Yes, Justin M. fried hotdogs in bacon grease.
After a long night of tense war games...Frank did conquer the world!
May 31st 2012
"My dad turned 29"
May 31st 2013
"Oh no! My dad turned 30!"
I had intended to retake one of Frank's favorite pictures from 2012 (I even made the sign and set up the pillows the same) however Benjamin was not feeling particularly cooperative.
Oh well...maybe next year. LOL































No comments:
Post a Comment